Best Legal Keywords | Top 25 Keywords for Lawyers
Competition between local attorneys is fierce. As a lawyer, you need a quality marketing program to continually generate new clients while retaining the old. When it comes to SEO for Lawyers, you need to know the keywords people are using when looking for the services you provide.
Is your website optimized for legal keywords?
Use our free SEO Analyzer to check if your website is optimized properly. Click Here
Commonly Searched Legal Keywords
We’ll start with the high level queries people use to search for legal services. Many people searching for a new law firm type these terms into Google:
- Law Firm
- Law Office
- Lawyer near me
- Legal Advice
- Legal Consultation
To get potential clients to your website, and eventually to your law office, you want to rank for these common legal keywords. If you are optimizing a page for a local law office, you must include most of these terms in the title, description, headings, and page content. Otherwise, you will have a hard time ranking in Google for searches related to someone’s legal needs.
Before or after your main keywords, add your location. For example, if you are a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Jsersey City, optimize for “Jersey City Criminal Defense Lawyer”
Legal Services Keywords
Often, people search for the specific service they are looking for. For lawyers, this can be services you provide or tooth issues that need fixing. Ranking for these keywords can bring clients to your website, as well as provide a wider breadth of legal keyword rankings to your site.
- Injury lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Slip and Fall
- Car Accident
- Dog Bite
- Medical Malpractice
- Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Bankruptcy Lawyer
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 13
- DUI Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Lawyer
- Immigration Lawyer
- Divorce Lawyer
- Estate Planning Lawyer
- Disability Lawyer
- Workers Compensation Lawyer
Legal Questions People Are Asking
Here are a few questions people ask related to legal services which could be great blog posts or headings on your landing pages:
- What does an injury lawyer do?
- How much do personal injury lawyers take?
- Do I need a lawyer for personal injury?What kind of cases do personal injury lawyers handle?
- Will a lawyer take my case?
- How much do you get for pain and suffering?
- How much should I ask for a Personal Injury Settlement?
- What do personal injury lawyers look for?
- How do personal injury lawyers get paid?
- Is it worth it to hire a personal injury lawyer?
- Do you pay taxes on a settlement?
- How much money can you sue for pain and suffering?
- Why do lawyers not take cases?
- Can a personal injury lawyer drop your case?
- What falls under personal injury?
Here are the Google Trends results for the most common searches related to attorneys.
For more help, check out our post about Digital Marketing Tips for Lawyers to drive more traffic to your law firm’s website.